Participants in Project REV are part of a yearlong business makeover program that works to improve marketing plans, something that can significantly impact their business and sales. Business owners are paired with marketing experts who help them focus on connecting with customers, market more effectively, measure results and grow their business.
About Project REV
Project REV was launched in 2010 as an opportunity for a select group of small business owners to receive a year full of marketing guidance, tools and the funding needed to build effective marketing programs. By pairing small business owners with marketing experts who can help them focus on the right customers and tactics, they learn how to market, measure results and grow their businesses. As each business goes through its own marketing evolution, other business owners can follow along to observe, learn and be inspired.
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow and succeed. SCORE has been mentoring business owners for more than 40 years, providing local workshops and events to connect small business owners across the country.
Meet the Participants
- 50 Back Brewing Company: A small independent brewing company contributing profits to organizations that support the U.S. military and its veterans.
- Big River Running Company: A running and walking specialty store with strong community involvement.
St. Louis, Mo.
- Blueline Security Services: A security services provider addressing physical security needs.
Prince George’s County, Md.
- Gardens Are, Inc.: An eco-friendly landscaping company serving New England homes and businesses.
- Kodiak Coffee: A local, one-of-a-kind coffee shop that makes hand-crafted beverages.
Forest Lake, Minn.
- Paisano Sausage Company: A company that manufactures and retails fine Italian sausage.
- RD Photo Services: Area Navy veteran with a passion for shooting high school and youth action sports.
Los Angeles, Calif.
- Trigon Associates: Woman-owned business providing engineering consulting and management services to both public and private sector clients.
New Orleans, La.
- Two Fat Guys Gourmet Sauces: Two friends bringing to market a barbecue sauce they’ve shared with friends and family for 30 years.
- West Metal Works, Inc.: A custom fabrication company located in Western New York seeking to expand its markets.
How it works
Project REV’s individual marketing plans may include:
- Website design and hosting
- Branding and logo design
- Online social media marketing
- Search engine optimization and marketing
- Email marketing and promotional products
- Print marketing materials
- Market research insight
- Public relations mentorship